DCS CUMMINS CONVERSION KIT - 1989-1994 FORD IDI DIESEL ZF5 to 2003-2012 CUMMINS
Truck: 1989-1994 Ford Diesel IDI F250/F350
Engine: 2003-2012 Common Rail Cummins
Transmission: 1987-1997 Ford 7.3L Diesel Diesel ZF-5 speed
The kit includes instructions for the adapter kit only, the engine to transmission adapter, the required torque converter adapter set, the required starter, and bolts.
*Before ordering, make sure you have selected the correct adapter plate according to the transmission you are using, and read the important information below:
Supporting parts you need- or may already have- that are not included in this kit are:
- 94-02 Dodge Cummins starter
- intercooler, tubes, boots and clamps
- Dodge 5 speed flywheel
- Custom pilot bushing
- Miscellaneous bolts, hoses, and fittings
- See the Overview for your truck for other important parts that may apply!
Installation and use information:
- NO grinding is necessary on the transmission bell housing for starter clearance!
- Minimal and insignificant grinding of the Cummins adapter plate bolt bosses may be required, but this does not ruin the Cummins engine block core value.
- The Dodge 5-speed clutch may be used with the Ford release bearing, but we recommend using the South Bend 13" Ford 7.3L Diesel 5-speed clutch and custom flywheel we offer. This flywheel already has a ball bearing style pilot bearing installed.
- Using the 2003-2012 Dodge Cummins starter may be possible, but the solenoid wire connector usually hits the oil pan rail- so be prepared to purchase a 1994-2002 Dodge Cummins starter.
Thank you for doing business with Diesel Conversion Specialists, Kalispell, MT USA